Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Make Room for DADA



























This week I´m a guest host for the Sunday Postcard Art challenge, and I´ve chosen one of my favourite art styles, DADA, as this week´s theme.


Artists like Kurt Schwitters and Max Ernst have not only been among the first collage artists, but have also introduced mail art to the scene, and they even made some collages we´d call Steampunk today. And don´t forget the female DADA artists - Hannah Höch made some of my favourite DADA pieces!


DADA could be just anything, pure fun and nonsense as well as political statements as in John Heartfield´s artwork. So: Make Room for DADA this week and just play!

14 comments:

Judy said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my 'Dada,' Marion! Fabulous cards, and great theme made me think!!

indybev said...

Great theme, Marion. I love your card. Is this an original sketch, by the way?

Anne (cornucopia) said...

These are both wonderful! I think I missed the mark and didn't "get" what Dada was supposed to be.

Deann said...

A great challenge and an extraordinary example picture Marion...both of your pieces are fabulous!!!

bockel24 said...

Indybev: the man´s head is a stamp by Artful Illusions/Mrs. O´Leary´s.

Rosie Rowe said...

Marion, I really enjoyed this challenge - you made me think, and want to take part. I love both your postcards and shall go look at Hannah Koch's art too, as I hadn't heard of her. Thanks for the challenge! =)

ute said...

welch tolles Thema und erst deine geniale Umsetzung, beide gafllen mir sehr
liebe Grüße ute

johanna said...

ach, welch erfrischend anderes thema!! da hab sogar ich mich aufgerafft, obwohl ich z.z. ziemlich lahm bin...
klasse beispiele obendrein!!

Analia Cristina said...

This is very creative!

Kristin said...

Beautiful - they are both perfect! Thank you for such a wonderful theme this week - I really researched it and got to know some of the pieces that made the movement - and I am now a fan! Thank you for introducing this to me! Kristin xo

peggy gatto said...

thanks for the awesome art inspiration!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Schwieriges Thema (jedenfalls für mich) hast du dir ausgesucht ;) Deine beiden Werke gefallen mir.

Karen Owen said...

These are terrific, Marion! Not sure if I will be able to participate in SPA this week, but your cards are certainly inspiring.

Birgit said...

Super Thema und deine Beispiele sind einfach genial.
Der neue header gefällt mir bestens